RN to BSN Degree Completion Program Graduates First Three Nurses

Program is designed for working RNs to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing

Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing's online RN to BSN completion degree program, which began in fall 2011, has graduated its first three students. The program is designed for working RNs who hold an RN diploma or associate’s degree and seek to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.

The online RN to BSN program allows working nurses the flexibility to complete their degree while maintaining their work and personal responsibilities. The three graduates began their studies in fall 2011 and completed their degree in three semesters.

"Getting my BSN has given me confidence in working toward a leadership position," said Angie Gallant, graduate. “It has given me support in knowing I am doing the best I can for my patients.”

Coursework includes online discussion boards, research papers and case studies. All coursework is completed online and students can log-on anytime, day or night.

"Healthcare is always progressing and it is so important for nurses to continue their education," said Dr. Susan Bodin, Dean of Nursing at BSMCON. “Many of our students are juggling work, family and school. We are so proud of our graduates for realizing the importance of life-long learning.”